The importance of videos in the corporate world
We all know that the videos circulating on the Internet have an impact on our daily lives. Furthermore, if we think about it, corporate videos also impact our opinions on brands and products. However, corporate videos aren’t used only to communicate with the consumer – importantly, they are also used in internal communication. This might include training employees, presenting institutional content, and spreading the culture and integration within a company.
There are several advantages in using video in the communication of a business. We’ve selected five important ones:
1. It facilitates content assimilation: a study conducted by HubSpot Research states that 72% of people prefer to watch videos than read text to get informed about a brand. This actually shows that a picture is worth a thousand words.
2. It creates an emotional connection with the audience: integrating storytelling into videos results in memorable stories and builds emotional connections between the brand and the audience, thus enhancing these relationships.
3. It contributes to a better perception of the corporate identity: a video can communicate the company’s essence, personality and values. Since it is a complete medium of communication, it brings together the most important aspects.
4. It is helpful and affordable for HR: it can be the ideal tool for training new employees and the team – it’s easy to disseminate, and it can be watched as many times as you want!
5. It stimulates quick learning: according to Forrester Research, 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual information, which is processed 60,000 times faster than textual information.
For this reason, video has been appearing in the main results of Internet search engines – meeting the high demand for tutorials –, since it presents the content in a way that fosters a clearer and more direct way of learning.
In addition, this valuable communication tool may be adopted by any company, from the most traditional ones to startups, since the success of all businesses has a story ready to be told.
Video is a complete medium, and it can engage the audience in ways that few media can. This way, the value of the content will be recognised, and the business can disseminate its message effectively.